This session will consider the importance and application of rigorous quality control procedures in minerals analysis laboratories, from the perspective of minerals explorers and analysis laboratories.
Topics to be covered include:
- The Joint Ore Reserves Committee (JORC) Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves: Implications for analysis laboratories and their customers.
- From the Laboratory’s perspective:
- Current best-practise
- Common areas of failure/underperformance
- From the Customer’s perspective:
- What to look for
- Typical approaches
- What is reasonable to expect?
- Nugget effect
- Batch effect
- Working the laboratory for optimum data quality
- The importance and application of Certified Reference Materials